Junior Special Life Insurance can help your child lock in coverage. It can guarantee their ability to secure coverage as adults, even if they develop health problems after childhood. Specifically, a Junior Special policy:
- Provides up to $20,000 of coverage until age 26 with a one-time premium payment.
- May be purchased for children or grandchildren age 17 and younger.
- May be converted at age 25 to a permanent life insurance policy with up to five times the original face value.
Converting your Junior Special policy
Additional coverage options may be purchased when a Junior Special policy is converted:
- Waiver of Premium Rider – This may be purchased with evidence of insurability and allows the premium to be waived after six months of total disability.
- Guarantee of Insurability Rider – This allows for the purchase of additional life insurance at certain intervals without proof of good health
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder’s situation. Shelter Life Insurance Company, 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218. Policy form #ICC17-1. Available in all 15 of our operating states.