You already know life insurance is a way to protect your loved ones’ financial security and pay off any outstanding debts after your death, but despite knowing the benefits of purchasing a life insurance policy, many people don’t for the following five reasons:
• “It’s probably too expensive.” Life insurance sounds like it would be expensive, but it’s probably cheaper than you think. Although the price of life insurance differs from person to person and usually depends on factors such as age and health, it can be cheaper than a daily latte.
• “I don’t have kids or other dependents.” Even if you don’t have anyone who depends on you financially, aren’t there other people in your life who would be financially affected by your death? Somebody may have to pay for your funeral, and if you have any outstanding debt or loans, those could possibly become the responsibility of your loved ones. Having life insurance could help them with those expenses.
• “I’m not the family breadwinner.” Stay-at-home parents have responsibilities and obligations in your life that will need proper replacement if you were to unexpectedly die. For example, who will watch your children or pets, keep the home maintained for your family and provide all the meals? To hire someone to handle the tasks of a homemaker will be expensive, and life insurance can help your family’s adjustment to your death go a little more smoothly, at least financially.
• “I’m too young.” You will never be younger than you are today. Life insurance is usually more affordable the younger you are. And generally, the younger you are, the healthier you are. Being healthy can help lower the cost of your life insurance. If you’re young and healthy right now, that’s all the more reason to get life insurance today instead of waiting until you’re older and may or may not be as healthy.
• “I’ll get it when I need it.” The thing about life insurance is that you want to have it ready before you need it. By the time you need it, it’s too late! Procrastination is not the way to go when it comes to insuring your life. Because you don’t know when you’re going to need it, you should purchase a policy as soon as you can.
Was your excuse to avoid thinking about life insurance listed above? There’s no better time to be a blessing to your family instead of a burden. Call Mindy Hays today to discuss the many options available.